Wednesday, April 13, 2016

My Favorite Online Resources


Hey guys!

I am online more than I'd like to be.  I don't need to tell you this though, because chances are you're in the same boat.

You know how awesome the internet is. 

 When it comes to crunch time, you know tons of papers, projects and assignments- productivity declines faster than the speed of light and somehow you get sucked into YouTube. Or Facebook. Or Twitter.

Hey, it happens.

However, there are things online that can actually increase your productivity- really. 

Here are my faves:

1. Trello

Upgrade your to do lists to the digital age. Create to do lists online and have them transfer over to Trello's handy dandy app! You can create different lists, invite other people to join them, color code them and more. Trust me, it'll make you want to get things done.

2. Self Control

If you have a Mac and happen to find your mind wandering more often than it should then this is the app for you.  Install this app and gone are the days of How am I on Facebook, I swear I was just writing my paper a minute ago??? It's time to be productive guys!

3. Thesis Builder

Have most of your essay mapped out, but not a thesis? Thesis Builder takes your main points and creates your thesis for you! Now there's no excuse to take social media breaks to "get ideas flowing." (guilty as charged) One of the toughest parts of an essay is done in 2 minutes or less.

4.TED Talks

TED Talks are fantastic resources. The topics and ideas shared are endless AND SO DIVERSE. I'm sure that you've watched tons in your classes, but have you ever watched any for fun? Or for inspiration? My goal is to start watching one a day. If you need help with research or finding particular topics, TED is actually a great place to start. Chances are someone out there did a talk on your very topic. If that's not motivation, I don't what is.


Although I'm a Com major, I really don't stay as up to date on the news as I should. Whoops. The Skimm is my life saver. Every morning I get an email with the biggest news stories over the past 24 hours. Not only that but it's all actually EASY TO UNDERSTAND. Less jargon and more humor. With one simple email, I'm in the loop and know all the important details without even having to search for them.

Have you tried any of these resources? Are there any I missed? Let me know!

With love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Tell me what you think: