Monday, March 3, 2014

Media Minute: The Oscars


Good morning everyone! 
Did you all catch the Oscars last night?

Since 'Let it go' has been in my head on a constant loop, it just didn't seem right to blog about anything else this morning.

If you didn't tune in to what is deemed the biggest night in Hollywood here's what you need to know:

1. Gravity took home literally every award
2. Ellen was the best host ever by taking selfies and ordering pizza
3. John Travolta totally messed up Idina Menzel's name (Watch his big mistake here)
4. The award show lasted way longer than it should have

It wouldn't be an Oscar's recap without talking about the fashion. To be honest, nothing really struck me as unique or even breath taking.  I actually disliked 99% of the outfits I saw, but there was only one that was truly downright awful.... Liza Minnelli.


A satin  pant suit and a Vulcan salute? Right on.

I wasn't a fan of the plethora of nude dresses and a lot of outfits had a little too much bling. However, Lupita Nyong'o showed that simple can be stunning and she was my favorite dress of the night.


Lupita's acceptance speech for best supporting actress was also so beautifully worded. 

"...When I look down at this golden statue, may it remind me and every little child that no matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid. Thank you."


I also want to show the world's greatest selfie. Ellen decided to take  a selfie and see if it could be the most retweeted picture ever on Twitter.  Ellen also crashed Twitter in the process. Impressive.


 During the show there was a tribute to the Wizard of Oz. P!nk came out and sang  a flawless rendition somewhere over the rainbow and you can watch it here

Lupita's dress, Ellen's selfie and P!nk's performance were my favorite highlights from the Oscars. I'd love to hear yours! 

 Alright, I also shamelessly loved John Travolta's mess up and this post inspired from his mistake.

Have a great day everyone.
Best,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Tell me what you think: