Friday, January 17, 2014

Weekly Links: The Creators and Innovators



Hey, hey, hey
(Did you think of Robin Thicke or Fat Albert?)

It's Friday so I think we can just let my stupid humor slide.
I hope y'all had a great week!

I'm not quite sure what this weekend has in store, but I  do know that these gems below made my week.

*Click the hyperlink to be redirected to the original article*
Sigh...  I still don't know how to  fix the click-the-picture-to-go-to-the-article situation that has occurred.



Photographer Steve Rosenfield  has this great campaign going on called the What I Be project.  He had individuals of all ages finish the following statement: "I am not my ____" and the pictures that followed take that insecurity and magnify it in such a raw, beautiful way.  Not only does a picture say a thousand words, but this campaign confirms the proverb don't judge a book by its cover.
See more of the campaign here.


Hello, my name is_________
Imagine taking every internet fad, meme and phrase; compressing it into a name and bestowing it unto your newborn child. Software developer Stephen McLaughlin is granting permission  to the web to submit the good, the bad, the ugly- anything that people of the world wide web think would make a "good" baby name. As you can imagine, some ideas are really out there so the couple has a disclaimer- regardless of what is most popular, they will ultimately pick their daughter's name. The bundle of joy will be born the beginning of April so head on over to http://namemydaughter.com/ to submit your baby name idea! 



Nasty Gal put up  on their blog this week the cool doodles of Hattie Stewart. Stewart doodles on virtually everything to ultimately create a 'hot mess' ( but a beautiful one at that).  I personally love the Mean Girls doodle above and you can check out more of her work here.
I think her work should be displayed in the American Visionary Art Museum aka one of the coolest places on earth.


My freshman year of high school, I did a project on Progeria. For those of you that are unfamiliar with the disease, Progeria is an extremely rare genetic disorder that leaves kids with only about 13 years to live.  The disease causes extreme aging in children and there are roughly 100-103 kids currently living with Progeria in the world today. While doing my project 5 years ago, I came across a boy named Sam Berns. My heart was heavy when I discovered that Sam passed away late last week. Pictured above with his parents and founders of the Progeria Research Foundation, Sam shared his life philosophy constantly and taught everyone to live life to the fullest.


If you've stumbled upon my blog before, then you know my love for Disney in never ending. My room mate and I especially love Peter Pan and this week the  Peter Pan in the current Scotland production  proposed to his Wendy. My heart melts.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Best,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Tell me what you think: