Thursday, January 2, 2014

Weekly Links: the beginning of 2014



Hello everyone! 

I don't know about you, but having New Years eve fall on a Tuesday messed up my week. Each day melted into the next and I thought it was Saturday more times than I'd like to admit. This week's lack of structure aside, I didn't forget that today is Friday!  Here on Buzz, Boots and Berries every Friday... well, you know the drill.

*click the images below to be redirected to the original article*


Out of her pure love for blogging, Beautiful Existence ( yep you read that right) decides to take on a new challenge each year. For 2013 the Colorado blogger took on every "white girl's dream" and had Starbucks (and its sister brands) for every meal, 365 days straight. Starbucks' drinks are calorie bombs so I can only imagine how much weight was put on during this year challenge. Surprisingly, when asked on Twitter about her health, Beautiful Existence promptly replied " Better without doubt!" For 2014, Beautiful Existence is taking on a healthier challenge by pushing herself to learn 80+ recreational sports from REI.  I will definitely be checking her progress throughout the year!


It takes up to two months to keep a habit, hence why  many new years resolutions fail. Losing weight is without a doubt one of the biggest new years resolutions year after year that gets pushed to the side and forgotten by the end of January. I found this link interesting as it lists different breakfast ideas to jump start your day. If you start the day healthy you're more inclined to keep it that way! You got this.


Alright, so I've never been a huge fan of Legos. I mean seriously, have you ever stepped on one of those things? Pain aside, those little blocks can sometimes make some of the coolest creations. Above is a time lapse of a LEGO Macintosh computer and... it's pretty awesome.


Her Campus crafted a list of Disney princess new years resolutions and they're pretty spot on. I wish,  now more than ever, that these daring damsels were real so they could act on these. (no shame)


The Rose Parade had quite the controversy New Years day over Sea World's float. The float was beautifully arranged (as shown above). However, PETA was outraged that the orca dolphins portrayed on the float were shown in a family when in reality each orca is held captive at Sea World.  More than 100 activists stormed on to the float  and 19 people ended up being arrested. Every rose has its thorns. 

My winter break is wrapping up and I'll be back in the green mountain state by this weekend. I'm not quite mentally prepared for a new semester, but I can't wait to see my dorm mates and the beautiful mountains in a fresh, white blanket of snow. Oh, I'm also oddly excited to sleep in my dorm bed? Mattress pads are a life saver!

Best,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Tell me what you think: