Friday, December 20, 2013

A Very Merry Weekly Links


Ho, ho, holy cow it's Friday again already.
Also, T minus 6 days until Christmas!

As you can tell from my post on Wednesday and my Gift Guide: How to be the best Santa this year post, I am fully prepared (mentally and physically) for the 25th.

For this round of weekly links I decided  that I would tailor them to the joyous holiday season.



*click the pictures below to be redirected to the original article*


I love looking at advertisements, pictures and television shows from the 50s and 60s. The media seemed to always portray and package that time in a beautiful way. This post from BuzzFeed shows 17 Christmas cards from the 1960s that actually show diversity. I found this interesting and relevant to the  surge of news that recently surfaced about Santa needing to be portrayed as African American (or any ethnicity for that matter) as shown in the articles here and here.



I love watching people get scared. The kind of silly scared where something happens out of good fun.  For an advanced media class, students from Kilgore Texas decided to have teachers record a holiday greeting as a part of their  final project.  However, the teachers had a surprise waiting for them after their greeting was finished. Click the picture above to watch the hilarious holiday fun. ( Well... fun for us anyway)



This couple decided to showcase the best of both worlds for their Christmas  Chrismukkah card this year. This is a pretty cool idea if I do say so  myself and  the end of the article has a photo gallery with even more creatively cheery holiday cards to browse.


Now that I'm on break I can watch the Today show in its entirety with out feeling guilty ( No shame).  On yesterday's show there was a segment- which you can click above to watch- on last minute tech gifts. Hopefully you are done with your holiday shopping, but just in case you're not you can...
1. read my gift guide that is linked at the beginning of this post :)
2. watch this video to get some pretty interesting ideas
It's crazy how many advanced gadgets and gizmos are accessible to us!


One last thing to add to this mix: Who loves orange soda?
Kel loves orange soda.
Is it true?

... and you all know the rest. Nickelodeon during the 90s- early 2000s was one of the best things to happen to me as a kid. All That, The Amanda Show and Kenan and Kel were coveted shows in my house growing up.  My siblings and I often get nostalgic talking about the jokes, particular episodes and even the actors that were on these shows.  So, Kenan, as many know, is currently on Saturday Night Live but what ever happened to his  beloved orange soda loving partner in crime Kel? This week I found out the answer and that's a gift to me in itself.

Have a wonderful weekend- bake a lot of cookies, shop 'til you drop, go look at twinkling  lights and listen to some Christmas carols to lull you to sleep.

Best,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Tell me what you think: